Nur Center for Research and Policy (NCRP)
The Nur Center for Research and Policy (NCRP) is endowed by Nur Foundation, an SECP registered, Not-for-Profit company, based in Lahore, Pakistan, and is the technical research arm of NUR-Fatima Memorial System (NUR-FMS). NCRP has multi-faceted projects and programs to generate, collate and disseminate evidence for strengthening policy-making and planning as well as reforming practice in the sectors of Health, Education, and Integrated Community Development.
NCRP offers assistance in the following areas:
- Undertaking technical assistance projects on Public Health, Education, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health and SRHR for young people.
- Generating evidence for informing policy and reforming practice.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of projects
- Organizing policy forums and consultative dialogues to build evidence for formulating policy recommendations to the government
- Organizing strategy dialogues for determining the way forward on critical development issues in the health and social sector
- Publishing and disseminating policy briefs
- Running research-based, innovative country-wide projects in the development sector
- Training for skills & capacity enhancement in health, education (Life Skills Based Education) & social sectors
- Policy level advocacy and running engaging advocacy campaigns
The Nur Center for Research and Policy (NCRP) is endowed by Nur Foundation based in Lahore, Pakistan, and is the technical research arm of NUR-Fatima Memorial System (NUR-FMS).
Exploratory research across health (MNCH, nutrition, infectious diseases, sexual health), women empowerment, and education at international, national, and regional levels.
Advocacy & Policy
Evidence-based policy development and innovative interventions through forums that promote critical thinking
Skills & capacity enhancement in health, education & social sectors via a consortium of training partners.
Developing workable and scalable policy solutions for local and international partners.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Center aims to develop human resource capacity and generate research, which will contribute to human development at the national, regional, and international level for enhancing social well-being through informed policy and reformed practice. NCRP has partnered with many organizations locally and internationally in the health, education, and social sector, offering services through a consortium of trainers and consultants, who pool their strengths to offer capacity enhancement, research, project management, and consulting. The Center currently has access to a full-time faculty of more than 200 professionals who are technical/subject specialists with diverse backgrounds, a program management staff to implement its projects, and the state of the art, purpose-built infrastructure and facilities. NCRP further facilitates evidence-based policy development and provides a forum that promotes critical thinking, freedom of ideas, and an independent quest for fact-finding. It has emerged as a think tank working as catalyst and manager of change to bring about social and economic empowerment of underserved communities and enhancing the social well being through informed policy and reformed practice. The Center undertakes grounded research to generate evidence that helps the policymakers in finding innovative solutions to the challenges being faced by the policymakers, which reinvigorate the traditional paradigm of education and practice by establishing a blend of global best practices that are blended in the local context. NCRP promotes linkages and collaborations to encourage knowledge sharing and optimal utilization of existing resources.